- Aphids – Small insects that can range from the size of a pin head to a match head. They pierce leaves and stems of plants and young saplings and drain their fluids. One of the best solutions for these pests are lady bugs. They are the aphids natural predator.
- Whiteflies – Small winged insects that fly in clouds when an infected plant is disturbed. Signs of infestation are yellow stippling and leaves curling and turning brown. They can often be removed with a powerful jet of water.
- Oak Root Fungus – An infection that gradually destroys trees and woody plants by decaying their roots. The symptoms are dull yellowed leaves and sparse foliage. If a tree is infected with oak root fungus, you will see a layer of white fungal tissue under the bark of the trunk.
- Powdery Mildew – Fungi that infects leaves, buds and flowers. It appears as a white circular patch and spreads rapidly. New growth may be stunted and blossoms may fail.
- Sudden Oak Death Syndrome – Usually occurs in heavily wooded areas. It can be fatal to some plants, including oaks. The pathogen itself is spread by a variety of host species and is also spread by wind-blown rain.
If any of the trees on your property suffer from any of these, or any other ailments, removal may be the best idea. Removing diseased trees before they spread to your property can end up saving you financially, as well as saving you a headache. If you are looking for tree removal in Essex County, call Amazing Tree Service today for a free tree removal estimate.
Amazing Tree Service
36 Penn Ave
Dover, NJ 07801